Who should attend Undressing Normal?
- People with intellectual and other developmental disabilites and people regarded as having disabilities.
- Direct support staff for people with disabilities.
- Directors and staff of agencies charged with supporting people with disabilities.
- Educators, administrators, psychologists, social workers and other professionals.
- Policy makers and government agency staff.
- People of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Advocates, and all citizens or individuals who are interested in supporting the rights of people with disabilites.
This list is not comprehensive, but is a sample of stakeholders we hope will attend the (Un)Conference. Registration is limited to 100 persons. Register here to attend!
Rule 1 of Open Space: Whoever shows up are the right people. Sessions don’t need a presenter or even a so-called expert. And sessions don’t need 50 attendees to be considered a success. Two people could get together and have the most important conversation of the meeting, or one person could sit in a corner and write down his thoughts, then submit them as part of the conference proceedings.